• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workflow for SO creation and Task Creation

Folks,

We have two workflows setup.

One when an SO is created
    One when a task is created.

We have the two because there are many times when they happen independent of each other.

However, there are times when both happen at the same time. SO is made and immediately assigned a task to a tech.

In that case, we get both workflow Emails back-to-back and the SO one really is redundant.

Can anyone think of a way to suppress the SO one when there is a task one that comes right behind it?

For the most part, I assume they are very much separate, and in this case, I realize I am trying to suppress the one that comes first.

But, you just never know with this clever group. Don't ask - don't get. So, I am asking.

I would appreciate any thoughts anyone may have.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Its a nice to have but not without a tricky trigger or stored proc at the back end. Have you tried using a workflow condition where SOnumber is NULL on the task workflow. I havent looked at this, but what it would do is allow the task workflow for sales or non SO related to function and any tasks for Service orders to be ignored. Try this one. It should ignore all tasks related to a service order...maybe

Glenn Houssenloge
    Tigerpaw Services
    sigpic
    Xero Accounting Integration, D-Tools Integration, Time Logs Express and more

Comment

Working...
    X