Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workflow to Notify Customer of Work Scheduled

Hi all,

Do any of you know of a way to notify a customer if a new task has been scheduled on an open SO? I have tested the following so far without success. I created a status change workflow to send an email when a SO is changed to a status of "scheduled". I created an email template to grab the relevant SO information, but I have not had luck grabbing the new task information from said SO. Is there a way for the system to know which task (via tokens) to grab for the email template?

Are there other methods that you have used to accomplish the same thing?

Erik

Erik,

I do not believe there is any way to do this. Mostly, because an SO could have many tasks associated with it - so no way to specify what task.

To get the task info (date and time I assume) you would need to use a workflow based off the Task creation, but of course, that is going to get all tasks, not just ones created from SOs.

I didn't try this - but wondering if you could use a conditional workflow on the Task creation, and then check the corresponding SO status to see if it says scheduled (but, then you would need to make sure status was changed before the task was created...(sorry, I think I am thinking out loud at this point).

Surely, someone out there has to be doing this - seems like it would be pretty common.

I will give this a little more thought and see what I can come up with....clearly, my above was just rambling and provided zero help..sorry!

Jeff

Comment

You could possible use Task creation where the task is linked to an SO. When a task is not linked to an SO, the value of the SONumber in the SQL table tblTasks is 0, so if you can state in the condition where SONumber > 0 it should, in theory, trigger the workflow for any task associated with an SO. As Jeff said this would have to be on the creation of the task. There could be another issue there as Im not sure if the task is created upon opening the task window or upon saving the task, like with SOs. What could happen is the workflow triggers before all the tasks information is entered and saved. You'll need to test

There is probably a way to achieve what you want by a slight change in your workflow process.
      Glenn Houssenloge
      Tigerpaw Services
      sigpic
      Xero Accounting Integration, D-Tools Integration, Time Logs Express and more

Comment

Working...
      X