d-Tools SIX and Tigerpaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone,

First I'd like to apologize for the lack of response on our part. We've had some personnel changes here and unfortunately this is something we missed. I'm going to grab this ball and run with it to see what we can get done. Please bear with me as I need to gather some information from you all.

First, a little background on the change required to integrate with D-Tools SI6. As I understand it, this release eliminated the sales order in D-Tools, which is what Tigerpaw pulled over to a quote. Because of this we had change the integration. D-Tools provided us the export file so we could import it into Tigerpaw to maintain the ability to send a quoted job from D-Tools to Tigerpaw. The old integration to D-Tools not only performed this function, but also allowed for the mass import of the D-Toools price book. I know this functionality was lost with the upgrade.

That all being said, am I missing any other functionality that the old integration had that the new one does not?

This is going to take a little research on my part, we will have to work with our contacts at D-Tools to see if we have the ability to integrate as we once did. Any input you can provide is appreciated.

MuneeMaker808, I looked up your open case here and am looking into that as well. We will be in touch on that issue directly.
    Last edited by Marsha Blobaum; 05-08-2014, 02:51 PM.
    Marsha Blobaum
    Product Analyst
    Tigerpaw Software
    800.704.9009 x4584
    402.592.7317fax
    mblobaum@tigerpawsoftware.com

Comment

Originally posted by Marsha Blobaum View Post
      Hi Everyone,

First I'd like to apologize for the lack of response on our part. We've had some personnel changes here and unfortunately this is something we missed. I'm going to grab this ball and run with it, to see what we can get done. Please bear with me as I need to gather some information from you all.

First, a little background on the change required to integrate with D-Tools SI6 as I understand it. This release eliminated the sales order in D-Tools, which is what Tigerpaw pulled over to a quote. Because of this we had change the integration, D-Tools provided us the export file so we could import it into Tigerpaw to maintain the ability to send a quoted job from D-Tools to Tigerpaw. The old integration to D-Tools not only performed this function, but also allowed for the mass import of the D-Toools price book. I know this functionality was lost with the upgrade.

That all being said, am I missing any other functionality that the old integration had that the new one does not?

This is going to take a little research on my part, we will have to work with our contacts at D-Tools to see if we have the ability to integrate as we once did. Any input you can provide is appreciated.

MuneeMaker808, I looked up your open case here and am looking into that as well. We will be in touch on that issue directly.
      I am unfamiliar with SI5 and how it integrated with Tigerpaw, but here is my input on optimal integration.

- Sync catalogs, either manually or automatically. Creating a new price book item twice, even with copy and pasting or letting Tigerpaw do what it can with the excel file, is tedious. D-Tools has a really good infrastructure for adding new product with their data library. To start in D-Tools and get an exact matchup of it in Tigerpaw would be great. A shared library would be optimal, but any way to sync them would improve our process.

-Sync customers/clients, same thing as above. If a designer creates a new customer in D-Tools then it needs recreated in Tigerpaw. Usually our process starts in D-Tools. Again, a shared library would be optimal, but any way to push/pull information would help.

-This ties in with the above, but when importing a project currently it is only pulling line items. Correlating and populating project information in any way would speed things up.

Pretty much any steps that can be eliminated involve the duplicating of common fields between the two.

I appreciate you actually looking into this and hearing our concerns instead of just brushing it off.

Comment

Originally posted by PaytonZ View Post
        I am unfamiliar with SI5 and how it integrated with Tigerpaw, but here is my input on optimal integration.

- Sync catalogs, either manually or automatically. Creating a new price book item twice, even with copy and pasting or letting Tigerpaw do what it can with the excel file, is tedious. D-Tools has a really good infrastructure for adding new product with their data library. To start in D-Tools and get an exact matchup of it in Tigerpaw would be great. A shared library would be optimal, but any way to sync them would improve our process.

-Sync customers/clients, same thing as above. If a designer creates a new customer in D-Tools then it needs recreated in Tigerpaw. Usually our process starts in D-Tools. Again, a shared library would be optimal, but any way to push/pull information would help.

-This ties in with the above, but when importing a project currently it is only pulling line items. Correlating and populating project information in any way would speed things up.

Pretty much any steps that can be eliminated involve the duplicating of common fields between the two.

I appreciate you actually looking into this and hearing our concerns instead of just brushing it off.
        *BUMP*
        & yes thank you for trying to do something about this

Comment

I agree with everything that PaytonZ said in his/her post.

Something that would be truly awesome would be the ability to link a "project" in SIX with a "quote" in Tigerpaw. This would mean that when a revising created in SIX and changes are made to the project they are automatically update in the associated quote in Tigerpaw. The process of ensuring that the quotes in Tigerpaw match-up with the projects in SIX is pretty tedious and can be problematic for pricing if you get it wrong!

Comment

Another thing i would like to see is when labor imports from d-tools, that we would have a way to consolidate labor into a few types vs how it currently does it - DTImport.PNGexample in attached pict.
            --
            Shane Seira
            President
            Sensory Environment Design – S.E.D.
            2746 31st Ave S
            Minneapolis, MN 55406
            Office: 612.746.1800
            www.sedexperience.com

Comment

Any update on this? Been some time since I have heard anything

Comment

Any update on this? Been some time since I have heard anything
                No update from Tigerpaw regarding issues. In regards to my original issue I found that my version of excel seemed to be causing the error. No one can explain why, but I'm using Microsoft 2013 Excel and it works great now.

There is however a new ERROR!!! AHH!! Because D-tools Six updated their categories it seems to now be an issue with Tigerpaw imports. Normally when you import and the part is not in your system it will ask if you would like to import as NS, non stock. Recently it's been importing some parts as "SPECIAL" as well as non stock. Once you push it over as special it locks it in and you can't keep track of inventory count. It becomes an act of GOD to remove it from your system to make it a normal stock item.
                I found that when the part is listed as EQUIPMENT and it's not in Tigerpaw it comes in properly as NS. When the part is listed as SPEAKER it imports as SPECIAL. Not sure why, but it's very frustrating. Anyway the fix is to manually type in EQUIPMENT to replace SPEAKER in excel, then all is well.
                I hope that helps anyone out there.

Comment

Just another point to make here. How come Quickbooks can get it spot on with D-Tools? D-Tools to TP integration is far from that... integrated! Also in D-Tools 5.5 it would tell you a product has already been exported to TP. Now if you do a change order in D-Tools you have no checks and balances to help save you from accidentally "exporting" already exported products.

Very disappointed with the lack of "integration" aka excel export/import.

To all D-Tools users out there using SIX. Get some one on one training with custom reports from Ryan Brown at MED http://www.medesign.tv/Custom%20Repo...om_reports.php His custom reporting skills are bar none and have saved us countless hours.

Comment

Same here. Hence the reason for my blasting on this post. I also had a ticket for the same problem. Ryan Brown from Media Environment Design did make us a special report from D-Tools that helps with this. You should reach out to him and see if he will sell it to you.
                    Another problem we encountered is if there is a discount applied in DT that it would be missing from the stock DT report and would not import to TP.
                    Another that TP is supposedly aware of is that all LABOR items import incorrectly.

Originally posted by MuneeMaker808 View Post
                    I agree that the D-tools integration is very poor. I have a case with Tigerpaw right now because the export from D-tools six excel file doesn't import correctly in to Tigerpaw. This is a Tigerpaw issue as the excel file is correct. What happens is none of the check marks on the import work properly. When I check import selling costs and prices it completely ignores the checkmarks and pulls the cost and price from the TP database and not the excel file. There has been no response to my case after 4 weeks and I use D-tools for 99% of my proposals. Very inconvenient and very frustrating.
                    I only post this so the rest of the D-tools users out there look very carefully at the import the next time you do it. It may not be correct. I know we missed it the first 10 times we did the import because we got lucky. Our TP database matched our D-tools database costs and prices so we didn't notice. The last import we did had very different information in each database so we noticed immediately. BE WARNED!

Comment

All,

I wanted to let you know that we are adding functionality to D-Tools SIX import in the upcoming release. With the new changes you will be able to

1. Set item types for various items
                      2. Set default values for Serialized, GL Income, GL cost Code, GL Receipt code and Category/Subcategory fields for Non-stock price book items during quote imports.
                      3. Override default values during Quote to Service Order/Work Order conversion
                      4. Better error reporting during quote imports.

I would like to assure everyone that we will take care of your issues in a timely manner.

Regards,
                      Rudy

Comment

Will you be adding the sync feature that was available with D-Tools 5.5?
                        Or just the features from the previous post?
                        When will we possibly see this release?

Comment

Thank you for reading these forums and trying to do something about it. It's much appreciated.

Originally posted by Rudy Jivaraj View Post
                          All,

I wanted to let you know that we are adding functionality to D-Tools SIX import in the upcoming release. With the new changes you will be able to

1. Set item types for various items
                          2. Set default values for Serialized, GL Income, GL cost Code, GL Receipt code and Category/Subcategory fields for Non-stock price book items during quote imports.
                          3. Override default values during Quote to Service Order/Work Order conversion
                          4. Better error reporting during quote imports.

I would like to assure everyone that we will take care of your issues in a timely manner.

Regards,
                          Rudy

Comment

Hi,

We will be adding the new features listed in my previous post in the upcoming 14 R2 release. The expected release date is early December. Can you clarify what you mean by sync with D-Tools?

Thanks,
                            Rudy

Originally posted by mralarm000 View Post
                            Will you be adding the sync feature that was available with D-Tools 5.5?
                            Or just the features from the previous post?
                            When will we possibly see this release?

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy Jivaraj View Post
                              Hi,

We will be adding the new features listed in my previous post in the upcoming 14 R2 release. The expected release date is early December. Can you clarify what you mean by sync with D-Tools?

Thanks,
                              Rudy
                              Hi Rudy, any update on this?

Comment

Hi Payton,

We are currently in Beta and this will be available with the next build. Let me know if you would like to be part of the Beta group.

Thanks,
                                Rudy

Hi Rudy, any update on this?

Comment

Working...
                                X