Tigerpaw and Quickbooks Enterprise Contractor Ed, customer address issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigerpaw and Quickbooks Enterprise Contractor Ed, customer address issue

When importing into Quickbooks the addresses for customers are not using the addresses already in quickbooks. The addresses from tigerpaw are coming accross skipping the second address line because in tigerpaw it is blank.
    Tigerpaw is supposed to use the AR Customer No. to link to customer in quickbooks, so why is this affecting the address?

I say this to see if anyone else has experienced this issue, Reports we try to pull up in quickbooks will NOT include any invoices from tigerpaw because of the address error. If we correct the address in quickbooks they magically appear on our report.

Any one with the same issue, let me know if it was corrected some how?

Thanks

Which accounting link are you using?
    Glenn Houssenloge
    Tigerpaw Services
    sigpic
    Xero Accounting Integration, D-Tools Integration, Time Logs Express and more

Comment

Quickbooks pro enhanced

Comment

So what you are saying is the address fields from Tigerpaw are not using the correct fields in QuickBooks? If the Address2 line in Tigerpaw is blank, the Text file should look like ,, which returns a blank field. It shouldn't create an issue.

Are you referring to newly created Accounts in QuickBooks or Accounts updated from Tigerpaw when an address is changed and you want to update the record in QuickBooks?

You are right it does use the A/R Customer Number to link the account from Tigerpaw to QuickBooks. These have to be an EXACT match as well.
        Glenn Houssenloge
        Tigerpaw Services
        sigpic

Comment

Yes you would think it should not create a problem. How do i know if the text file looks like ,, ? should it skip that blank line and write the address as so:
          name
          address1
          city, state zip code

because it imports as:
          name
          address1
          <-----skips
          city, state zip code

No i am not referring to newly created accounts. all accounts are both in tigerpaw and in quickbooks already, AR customer numbers are in correctly because the information is showing up in the customer account.

odd issue i know, but any help would be appreciated on how to correct this problem. Its seems as though no one else is having this problem or hasn't noticed it. We have been using tigerpaw since May and it has always imported like that. Most of our addresses do not contain a second address.

Comment

Katherine,
            This is the normal result of leaving the Address2 field blank. Both the QB Pro Enhanced link and QBTrak work his way. Yours is the first time I've heard of a problem with this. Which QuickBooks report is giving you the error?

Comment

The only thing I can think of is that the Address field has a comma in it. If your address has comma it may use the comma as a separator, but I think Tigerpaw allow for this in their script. It might be worth a call to Tigerpaw support.
              Glenn Houssenloge
              Tigerpaw Services
              sigpic

Comment

Its a non taxable report in quickbooks that the information is not showing up on. This report displays the invoices for the month which are non taxable. once we fix the address in QB is shows up. Thanks for referencing QBTrak because we were looking into that program to see if it would help with the issue.

Comment

Working...
                X