Add Manufacturer to Quote and Service Order Tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add Manufacturer to Quote and Service Order Tables

How does one go about adding/linking the manufacturer field from the Price Book table into the Quote and Service Order tables, or any other table for that matter?

I don't understand why you would want to link these tables. A custom report can easily print this information on the quote or Service Order.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Williams View Post
      I don't understand why you would want to link these tables. A custom report can easily print this information on the quote or Service Order.
      No where in visual studio do I see manufacturer as a database field for quotes or service orders, as I do for purchase order reports. So please tell me what I am doing wrong or what I need to do to get it as an available database field in quotes and service order custom reports.

Comment

Sorry, should have enclosed that info. Look in tblPriceBook for the column Manufacturer. From the quote or SO item, link to tblPriceBook using the ItemID a the key.
        Last edited by Bob Williams; 08-16-2014, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Williams View Post
          Sorry, should have enclosed that info. Look in tblPriceBook for the column Manufacturer. From the quote or SO item, link to tblPriceBook using the ItemID a the key.
          I appreciate the response Bob, I have finally had time to get back around to fiddling with this.
          If it's not to much to ask for could you provide more details on how to do this? I get to the point of linking in the Database Expert within Visual Studio, but cannot seem to get any output from the fields I am attempting to link. It won't let me link by key, it says I must do by name.
          I added the desired column to the desired table and linked, which was unsuccessful. I feel like I am really close, but I cannot seem to figure it out.

Comment

Working...
          X