Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigerpaw 14R1 - Integration with Mercury payment processor

Greetings !!!

We are excited to announce the support for Mercury Payment Processor in Tigerpaw 14R1 release. If you are looking to integrate with Mercury payments let us know. We can have it set up and work with you on the rollout.

Thanks,
    Rudy
    Director of Software Development
    Tigerpaw Software Inc

With this integration is would be great if there was a road map to eliminate the need to have 2 different payment processing systems in our business, one being Tigerpaw/Mercury and the other being the system we currently use to do all of the transaction types that the Tigerpaw/Mercury system cannot currently do.

For example, Tigerpaw as a company might use an external payment processing system for those one off transactions that can't be done inside of the Tigerpaw system. Can we create a list those types of transactions that currently have to be ran outside of Tigerpaw and then set a feature request to code a way for those transactions to be ran inside of Tigerpaw.

Some of those transaction types may include...

Processing ACH.
    Processing a deposit amount from within a quote.
    Processing a deposit amount from within a service order.
    Voiding an invoice that has a deposit and/or a balance due processed from a quote or service order, how should this be handled?
    Refunds from Deposits/Posted Invoices.

The main goal here would be to have only one payment processing system in our business.

Comment

JCR,

Thanks for your feedback. Some of the features that you have requested have been requested by other customers too. I will work with our stakeholders to prioritize and come up with an implementation roadmap.

Regards,
      Rudy
      Director of Software Development
      Tigerpaw Software Inc.

Originally posted by JCR View Post
      With this integration is would be great if there was a road map to eliminate the need to have 2 different payment processing systems in our business, one being Tigerpaw/Mercury and the other being the system we currently use to do all of the transaction types that the Tigerpaw/Mercury system cannot currently do.

For example, Tigerpaw as a company might use an external payment processing system for those one off transactions that can't be done inside of the Tigerpaw system. Can we create a list those types of transactions that currently have to be ran outside of Tigerpaw and then set a feature request to code a way for those transactions to be ran inside of Tigerpaw.

Some of those transaction types may include...

Processing ACH.
      Processing a deposit amount from within a quote.
      Processing a deposit amount from within a service order.
      Voiding an invoice that has a deposit and/or a balance due processed from a quote or service order, how should this be handled?
      Refunds from Deposits/Posted Invoices.

The main goal here would be to have only one payment processing system in our business.

Comment

JCR,

First, let me say, all those issues you raised are valid and need addressing.

However, I am not sure how the cause a need for a 2nd payment processor.

We use BNG and only BNG - and we have all those same issues.

For things that cannot be handled directly in TP, we just use the Payment Gateway Portal (in our case, we designed a customer payment portal from our website that front-ends their site) to process the payment and then deal with things inside TP and our accounting software directly.

For sure there are a few extra steps - but nothing horrible and certainly seems better than 2 processors.

So, either I am misunderstanding, or maybe that helps for now?

Thanks,
        Jeff

Comment

Hello Jeff, and thank you for the post. At the time I was unaware that BNG offered a virtual terminal with recurring billing similar to the one we use. I later learned they can setup our eCommerce using the same MID and mobile payments using the same MID. So, looks like they are the one to go with if the need ACH processing in addition to credit cards.

Originally posted by jborello View Post
          JCR,

First, let me say, all those issues you raised are valid and need addressing.

However, I am not sure how the cause a need for a 2nd payment processor.

We use BNG and only BNG - and we have all those same issues.

For things that cannot be handled directly in TP, we just use the Payment Gateway Portal (in our case, we designed a customer payment portal from our website that front-ends their site) to process the payment and then deal with things inside TP and our accounting software directly.

For sure there are a few extra steps - but nothing horrible and certainly seems better than 2 processors.

So, either I am misunderstanding, or maybe that helps for now?

Thanks,
          Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X