Timer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timer Service

We seem to have a problem that the timer service stops running after a few days and requires us to start it again even though it is set to start automatically. We are running the latest version of TP on windows server 2008r2.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

Lawrence

Lawrence,

Check the log files for the Timer service. The attribute to start automatically is when the server boots; not necessarily when it stops.

Comment

I got the same problem here. Where we are using Tigerpaw, and it comes out an error message telling us that the timer services has stopped. So I have to restart every time it stopped by myself. Automatic restart won't work.

Comment

Do you find any solution yet?

Comment

I just upgraded to version 15, and my timer service won't start at all...
          -------------
          Chris Yeo
          Professional Computer Services
          CCNA, CSE, MCSE, CCA

Comment

Chris,

When you upgraded, did you first stop the timer service? If not, you will most certainly get the behavior above. Call Support. They will fix you right up.

Ed

[QUOTE=cjy123;22454]I just upgraded to version 15, and my timer service won't start at all...[/QUOT

Comment

My timer service stopped randomly, I have to restart it manually almost everyday.

Comment

You may want to look at your Windows Event Viewer and see if you can correlate the stopping of the service to a log message. If memory serves, the timer services writes log messages to the Windows Event Log.

Comment

There are many information said "Error in GetExclusiveProcess".

Comment

We were running our timer service on an old server (Windows 2003) which the timer service will not run at all on. Since then I have installed it on 2012 R2, and it has been running fine. According to the event viewer it checks every hour to see that it is running.
                    -------------
                    Chris Yeo
                    Professional Computer Services
                    CCNA, CSE, MCSE, CCA

Comment

Working...
                    X