Contact Record Security Settings/Workflow trigger for new/updated contacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact Record Security Settings/Workflow trigger for new/updated contacts

How do you limit a user from the ability of adding new contacts to an account record? When users are opening service tickets, you have the option of selecting from the contacts on the account or you can add a contact record if it is not found. How can we prevent certain users from having the capability of adding additional contacts to the account record? I have looked thru all the security settings and could not find anything. I went thru all the workflows to see if I could create a workflow to trigger when a new contact is added to trigger a notification, but could not find in workflows the option to run when a contact record is added or changed. Does anyone know how you can tell if new contacts are added to Tigerpaw or how to prevent certain users from adding contact records to the system?

My exact thoughts. Why was this post never answered? I think this is valuable to keep your system information limited to certain users for updating. That's what we have been trying to achieve with this new software. I hope someone answers this soon. I have searched in the workflows and security settings and nothing is available to limit who can add contacts and there is still no way to notify us of when a new contact is added or changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Katherine View Post
      My exact thoughts. Why was this post never answered? I think this is valuable to keep your system information limited to certain users for updating. That's what we have been trying to achieve with this new software. I hope someone answers this soon. I have searched in the workflows and security settings and nothing is available to limit who can add contacts and there is still no way to notify us of when a new contact is added or changed.
      I need the same notices for updating contact lists in other marketing tools. Today all we have is to manually look at the Audit Log but that's only limited to created and deleted, not changes to contacts. We do need the workflows for new, changed, & deleted contacts.

Comment

I created a "feature request" for the Contact Record Security Settings/Workflow trigger for new/updated contacts.

If you have any votes left, please vote for this feature request!

Thank you!!! Lisa

Comment

Working...
        X