Embedded SO number in emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embedded SO number in emails

Hi Everyone, went live with Tigerpaw on 2nd of April and apart from a few process issues we are logging Services Orders and the techs are getting SO's assigned and the jobs are being done.

This forum has been a great source of help with common issues people have.

We want to use the email connector heavily to update calls and communicate with the requester.

For an email to update SO #XX we ensure that "Service Order XX" is in the subject of any correspondance.

Just wondering if there are any other options i.e. SO XX or #XX that will work. Don't want to test to much on the live database as we have just gone live and I would like to avoid confusing the SO dispatcher with new SO's being created if the correct SO is not updated. Can't really test on the archive database as this does not have email connector running on it.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

regards Eric Scheeren
    Client Services Engineer
    Computer Maintenance Australia
    Eric Scheeren
    Service Engineer

Hi Eric,

As long as you are running the Email Connector all emails sent manually from the service order will automatically include the correct linking text in the subject line. However, automatic email like workflow email, will need to have that information in the email template that is used to send that email. What we recommend is to create an email template that uses the tokens from the SO so you can include correct format in the subject line. It would look something like this, Tigerpaw has opened Service Order [token]tvw_TokenData_ServiceOrders.SONumber[/token] on your behalf. (Service Order [token]tvw_TokenData_ServiceOrders.SONumber[/token]). The section in bold is so any reply from the client would go back to the service order from the Email Connector.

Here is a link to our online Wiki on email templates, http://userguide.tigerpawsoftware.co...dTemplates.htm.
    Marsha Blobaum
    Product Analyst
    Tigerpaw Software
    800.704.9009 x4584
    402.592.7317fax
    mblobaum@tigerpawsoftware.com

Comment

Hi Marsha, thanks for the update it was what I thought.

regards Eric
      Eric Scheeren
      Service Engineer

Comment

We are still having some pain in that we are asking customers to put "Service Order xyz" in the subject line and they end up just putting "SO xyz" which does not get picked by the email connector as an existing service order and a new service order is created. What I do currently is to change the subject line of the email and reprocess through the email connector to get the email added to the correct service order and void the service order created in error.

Is anyone out there having the same issue and got any ideas of what to do to try and minimise the issue or how they get around it.

Regards and Thanks in advance
        Eric Scheeren
        Service Engineer

Comment

Hi Eric,

I just tested this scenario with version 2.11.0 of the Email Connector and it does pick up those with "SO xyz" in the subject line and apply those to the existing service order. Are you running an earlier version of the Email Connector?
          Marsha Blobaum
          Product Analyst
          Tigerpaw Software
          800.704.9009 x4584
          402.592.7317fax
          mblobaum@tigerpawsoftware.com

Comment

Hi Marsha, thanks for the update. We are running 2.11.0 and it does work just as you say.

As I looked harder on the email flow I picked up an an oversight on my part as we had an email rule forwarding only on "Service Order" in the subject line. Changed the rule and life will be better. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards
            Eric Scheeren
            Service Engineer

Comment

Working...
            X