Inventory Turns/ Obsolete Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inventory Turns/ Obsolete Items

Is there a report to run on all inventory items that would show inventory turns (we would probably run per quarter). I'm also looking for a report to find obsolete inventory items. Any ideas? I've looked through the training material and report menu but haven't found anything yet that gives me the information that I'm looking for. Thanks for your help!

Can you elaborate? What do you mean by inventory turns? How do you currently show an "obsolete" item in Tigerpaw currently?

Ed

Comment

By inventory turns I'm looking to see how often we move each of the items in our inventory. Essentially, a movement log for each item to see what we use the most. A movement log of some sorts would probably take care of both requests. I found a movement report, but it gives a total $ amount at the bottom and is hard to decipher, I would like something that just tells me how many have went out during a period. Currently we don't do anything with obsolete items. If an item is discontinued we just stop ordering it and leave the number- I believe the request is because we want to see what items have been sitting on our shelf for years and never been touched. We are really trying to get full use out of TigerPaw, we feel that we probably don't use it to the best of it's abilities- so just trying to get some ideas on how to make it work better for us. Thanks for your help!

Linda

Comment

On the turns calculation, be sure to include both sales of the item, and uses of the item - in-house or contracts. Basically, if it leaves the warehouse after being received, it is a 'use'. Turns = Quantity on hand / total uses per period of time (month or year). Accountants will use dollars rather than quantities to determine an overall turn number. The inverse of a turn is 'years of supply'.

Comment

Working...
        X