Price Book Quandry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price Book Quandry

While adding more pricebook items, I've come across a product that I sell to clients in eaches but have to purchase in packs of 10.

How is that handled in TP? How do I set up the pricebook item?

Set up a normal price book and enter the case qty of 10 under the purchasing tab.
    Shelly Hendricks
    Internal Sound & Communications, Inc.

Comment

So when I add that item to a quote and then turn to an SO and do a PO will it allow me to choose the case order instead of single item order?

Comment

Originally posted by chambrick View Post
        So when I add that item to a quote and then turn to an SO and do a PO will it allow me to choose the case order instead of single item order?
        I went around and around with Tigerpaw support trying to get this concept to work as you also need. It does not. So today if a have 10 quotes that are approved each with only 1 of the widgets, my one PO will have 10 of the each items and I have to communicate to the vendor in some way to let them know I only need one 10-pack. The system is not smart enough to know that since you sold 10 each items from multiple quotes, that when you generate a PO, the PO needs to have one 10-pack. If you find a way, let me know.

Comment

TP any input here?

Comment

So it sounds like for now that on all my POs I have to check all my parts to see if I need to choose to order the case quantity for that item...inconvenient but doable for now.

BUT.......what about this?

Vendor only sells an item in a case quantity. I use individual quantities of those items on jobs and in assemblies. So in creating the price book item should I still create the item as a single item and add the case quantity product info, then just remember that whenever I order this it HAS to be ordered as a case quantity. This way I can use individuals of that price book item in assemblies and on SO's....OORRRR should I create two separate items one for the individual item and another for the case quantity?

I'm guessing the latter is the better way.

Comment

Originally posted by chambrick View Post
              So it sounds like for now that on all my POs I have to check all my parts to see if I need to choose to order the case quantity for that item...inconvenient but doable for now.

That is how I do it now. Correct in saying inconvenient, but I have learned to live with it.
              Shelly Hendricks
              Internal Sound & Communications, Inc.

Comment

A test that we use when deciding on what to enter in the PB is "are we ever going to SELL this item as a case, or always as a single?" Cable is a good one since it comes in 1000' boxes. Sometimes we sell a whole 1000', sometimes we only sell 100'. For that we have 2 items in the PB; CBL-CAT5-BULK for the whole case, and CBL-CAT5-FT for selling it buy the foot.

It always gets purchased as the -BULK, quantity of 1 for each box. When we need to sell by the foot, we adjust -1 from -BULK and +1000 to -FT

Comment

I've asked about this off and on for the past 5 or so years... as we've had the same problem and have resorted to just breaking the multi-packs when we receive and adjusting inventory like bfacer says.

What would make more sense to me would be to track multi-packs the same way that you can select multiple vendors for an item.

You would have PB items for each multi-pack as well as the single qty item. On the single quantity item you would have a Multi-Pack tab that would show the related "multi-packs" and how many each part number represents. Then you'd have the same concept on each of the multi-pack PN in TP. Since TP then would have all the math of how many make up each set it could automatically treat translate between the package sizes while still tracking the actual purchase cost of the widget purchased as part of a 5 pack vs individually.

This would also allow for the purchasing tab under each PB item to represent more than one vendor and have the correct package costs for each package.

Does this make sense to someone other than myself?
                  John Hardwick
                  President
                  nXio

P: 913-754-8120
                  F: 913-754-8113
                  www.nXio.net

Comment

clear as mud.

holy manual effort batman, I would have thought this far down the TP road this would have been addressed!

hmmm!!!!

So let me get this straight. You set up 2 PB items. Then have to manually plan to "move" product in TP? AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I was talking with the Manager of our Technical Support team and was informed we have a way to handle ordering by the case but selling the individual parts. I have asked her to provide you guys with more insight on this. She has agreed, so please keep an eye out for her post.

Thanks, Megan

Comment

THANK YOU!

Comment

Megan, PLEASE have your tech supp mgr give us the insight of which you speak. I am hoping to put some time into TP tables this weekend.

Comment

Any updates on this? I am running into the same situation, wondering if there has been any added features in the software since this thread?
                            Thank you!

Comment

Bump - any updates?

Comment

Working...
                              X