Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the Tigerpaw Mobile App Missed the Mark??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the Tigerpaw Mobile App Missed the Mark??

I recently had an employee tell me that the worst part of their job was dealing with the Tigerpaw Mobile app.

Having some programming experience I can see that it was not developed like a traditional app. Instead they chose to serve up a custom web page formatted to look like an app. This has caused many issues across the different mobile platforms that our technicians use.

If there are others that are having issues maybe TP can be convinced to devote the resources necessary to start over and develop the app correctly?

Initial Impression;

The majority of our work done in Tigerpaw (service side) revolves around contracts. This missing from the APP renders it unusable for our technicians right now. Quotes missing on the sales side is also disappointing although I've heard this might be coming.

Comment

Hi,
      I've brought this up to Tigerpaw before as well. Their IOS mobile app doesn't seem to conform to any IOS best practices. It definitely does not have any feel to it as a regular mobile IOS app does. I too agree with bselltiz, that they have just used a custom webpage instead of designing it as a regular IOS app. It's really too bad, as they could make the mobile app so much better.
      Also, it's way too slow to use out in the field. I've tried multiple times to use it and have always resorted back to not using it as it's just too slow. They definitely made an improvement on this iteration, the look and feel is better, but i think the only way to fix it is what bselltiz said, is to develop the app correctly. Also, it seems to be a battery drain too.

Comment

Working...
      X