Disable What's New?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable What's New?

Has anyone been able to disable the "What's New?" pop-up? Although it's good information for myself and other admins or management to know; having every staff member click on and read this is a waste of time. It's hard enough to keep employees focused on the task at hand without adding another way to distract their attention.

Thanks,

Erle
    Erle Williams

You may want to hold off on version 15 lol..
    Attached Files

Comment

I agree and it wastes the already small real estate on the left
      Originally posted by gseitl@eastcoastpos.ca View Post
      You may want to hold off on version 15 lol..

Comment

I agree - this is too valuable of real estate in 15R1 to have it displayed on all user profiles. We should have the ability to turn it on or off for each user's preferences.

Comment

Absolutely! We now have to scroll up and down in our tasks as well as hide different tasks. A huge pain!

Comment

We have not implemented 15R1 yet, waiting for any bugs to get worked out before I start testing and implementing it for our company. I can only imagine what frustrations users are going to have when they have to scroll or hide tasks just so this TP communication can be displayed. :(

Comment

It's ironic that the ad is about taking a course to work at peak efficiency.

Comment

Thanks to all for your initial input and feedback to our new Tigerpaw Customer Update box. We made this change in response to many user requests to replace the older “What’s New” pop-up, which is now disabled in 15-R1. It’s essential that we have a reliable vehicle for delivering real-time, dynamic updates to all users. This NOT “ad” space. Its sole purpose is to deliver to all users important product-related announcements. Having said that, we want to make your experience with Tigerpaw the best that we can and will definitely re-evaluate the placement and behavior of the Update Box to minimize its impact on your workflow. We can’t eliminate it, but if you have any suggestions on better ways to do this, please post them here.

thank you!

Comment

Hi James,

Thank you for reading and responding to this discussion group topic! J

I agree with you, it would be beneficial for users to have a reliable vehicle for delivering real-time, dynamic updates from Tigerpaw!! At our company, we would have it displayed on all our admin, trainer and manager’s Tigerpaw views but not on all users.Our wish would be to have control on rolling out these communications to the rest of the users and allowing them to have more displayed on their navigation pane.

In the future, it would be AWESOME if we could have the ability to view or not to view it per user preference – maybe it could be similar to how a user adjusts their display preference on the left navigation panes (Service, Projects, and Invoicing etc.) or possibly on each rep record user preferences.

Thank you!

Lisa Kloncz
                  Last edited by LisaK; 07-09-2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Comment

I would say that it doesn't even need to be turned on and off depending on the user. By all means, force it to be seen by everyone every time they start the program, but allow it to be hidden after that. It would be seen at startup just like the old What's New popup, but it would be a single click to hide (and as a bonus it wouldn't always pop up a web browser window when you click to get rid of it).

Comment

Hi everyone,

I think we've got a solution that will work well. We're considering putting a Mark as Read link in the What's New box, and when you click it the ENTIRE what's new area will disappear and your interface will look exactly as it did before we added this feature. The box would reappear the next time we had news to share, and again you could click Mark as Read to make it go away.

This way, we get helpful, important information out to everyone but in a way that is non-invasive to your workflow.

What do you think?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, that sounds like it will be exactly what everyone wants. You can deliver important information and know that people will see it. The users can get that information and then continue to make use of that screen space. Thanks for working with the users on this.

Comment

How about creating a collapsable group on the left side like the other stuff already there (e.g. Reports Explorer) called Tigerpaw News and have sub-headings with different articles. It allows Tigerpaw to relay important info and keeps the real-estate to a minimum.

Ed

Comment

Thanks Ed!

We've coded the solution I proposed below and I think it will behave similar to what you've just requested. I'm going to get a demo from dev group and we'll be releasing an update soon...

Thanks to all of you for your input!

Comment

Working...
                              X