Tigerpaw Equipment Rental Capabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigerpaw Equipment Rental Capabilities

One of the components of our business is rental of products that continually go out and come back in with rental periods as short as one day to long term monthly rentals. Is there a way to implement this in Tigerpaw to allow for the flow of products back and forth without too much confusion? Anybody have an idea?

Did you get an answer on this? We also rent systems and want to know how to set it up properly

Comment

No, no answer yet...

Comment

Tigerpaw doesn't have a Rental module, so you would have to do this manually. I'd suggest that you attend an 'Ask the Expert' session at 1:00 PM CT, practically everyday. See the Training Calendar in My Tigerpaw. Tony may have some guidance.

Comment

I've been looking at the Agreements portion of Tigerpaw but haven't found anything to move the stock unless I create a Rental Warehouse and then sub to Bins for each customer. At least that way I know where my inventory is. Still working on it

Comment

We have set this up for a customer. They use a rental warehouse location. Each rental asset is serialised to enable better tracking of the movement of the asset. When renting the asset, it is added to a Service Order from the rental warehouse. When invoiced and posted on the first installment the asset then added to the customer inventory. At the end of the rental period the asset is "Returned to our inventory" from the customer site.

Contracts are better than agreements for the billing as you can add the asset to the contract and set the number of invoicing periods relatively easily. Set up automatic invoicing for the billing and workflow notification for the expiring contract to organise the return of the asset.

Note: The first installment can be a zero dollar value invoice just to move the asset to the customer asset area or you can invoice form the service order for the first installment and then have the contract bill for the subsequent installments.

Good luck
            Last edited by ccsolutions; 03-03-2015, 05:27 PM.
            Glenn Houssenloge
            Tigerpaw Services
            sigpic
            Xero Accounting Integration, D-Tools Integration, Time Logs Express and more

Comment

We have a pretty extensive rental inventory. We will be installing and implementing TP very soon. However we use another software package called Flex Rental Solutions. It handles rental inventory control very well. At this point, it is integrated with QuickBooks for billing and invoicing. We have not decided if we are going to keep it that way, or incorporate somehow into TP.
              I originally studied the option in QB to move inventory around like mentioned below, and found it to be way too confusing and hard to keep track of. Flex takes care of that very easily.
              There are other rental solutions out there. I'm just mentioning the one we have good success with. Our rental inventory is well over $1M.
              Hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
              X