Multi Currency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi Currency

I know that it has been discussed for a while to do multi currency. One thing that you could do that would help is to add a field in the Accounting information for the A/R Accounting No: We are in Canada and every time we see in US dollars we need to go to create A/R Text File and modify the A/R Accounting No: to match our US A/R ledger. It would be nice if this could be set with customer and this would save a step.

Frank
    Radeon
    Frank Naccarato
    Radeon Technologies Ltd.
    www.radeonpos.com

I'm a huge supporter of this feature and have been for a while. Being in Australia we come across many prospects who see this as a requirement and deiced against TP due to this feature not being available. Especially in the Non-IT sectors. I think it needs to be 3 phase

Firstly a table, maybe in the Accounting Information where you set your base currency; ie Canadian Dollars and then set other currencies and enter that rate. If Tigerpaw do it right you can get feeds from external sources to update the information real time.

1. Convert a quote sell prices based on an exchange rate. Once you have created your quote select the exchange rate to sell the items in and Tigerpaw converts it. This flow through to the Service Order, the Invoice and the invoice receipts.

2. Price Book - set the exchange rate against the standard price of selected items in the Pricebook.

3. Purchase Orders and Inventory Receipts - The ability to convert the Purchase Order to a selected currency rate and receipt the items at a selected exchange rate. Tigerpaw will calculate the prices on the PO based on selected and existing currencies.

Behind all this is the base currency. So all stock resides in your inventory at the base currency, although a report to state $XXXX.00 in USD, $XXXXX.00 in CAD and so on would be beneficial for items that are purchased and sold in another currency and this does happen.
    Glenn Houssenloge
    Tigerpaw Services
    sigpic
    Xero Accounting Integration, D-Tools Integration, Time Logs Express and more

Comment

Originally posted by ccsolutions View Post
      I'm a huge supporter of this feature and have been for a while. Being in Australia we come across many prospects who see this as a requirement and deiced against TP due to this feature not being available. Especially in the Non-IT sectors. I think it needs to be 3 phase

Firstly a table, maybe in the Accounting Information where you set your base currency; ie Canadian Dollars and then set other currencies and enter that rate. If Tigerpaw do it right you can get feeds from external sources to update the information real time.

1. Convert a quote sell prices based on an exchange rate. Once you have created your quote select the exchange rate to sell the items in and Tigerpaw converts it. This flow through to the Service Order, the Invoice and the invoice receipts.

2. Price Book - set the exchange rate against the standard price of selected items in the Pricebook.

3. Purchase Orders and Inventory Receipts - The ability to convert the Purchase Order to a selected currency rate and receipt the items at a selected exchange rate. Tigerpaw will calculate the prices on the PO based on selected and existing currencies.

Behind all this is the base currency. So all stock resides in your inventory at the base currency, although a report to state $XXXX.00 in USD, $XXXXX.00 in CAD and so on would be beneficial for items that are purchased and sold in another currency and this does happen.
      My whole company backs this feature request! We dispatch to USA mainly, but also to Canada, Puerto Rico and have considered others. We need the quotes/POs/invoices to reflect the proper currency conversion of the Account location/Billing address. Right now we are doing these manually and that just is not an efficient way for us to continue.
      Kathy Powell
      Marketing Manager
      direct | (630) 518-9622
      e-mail | kpowell@tienational.com
      website | newsletter | blog

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/kathy-powell/23/531/53

Comment

Working...
      X