Estimated Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estimated Costs

On both the Quote detail item screen and the SO detail item screen, there is an Estimated Cost field that is used for Purchasing and operational profitability. I noticed that the value that is 'seeded' into this field is the Standard Cost, regardless of the costing method selected in the Options. If the system is tailored to use Average, FIFO, or LIFO costing, this causes a variance between the operational cost, and the posted accounting cost, even if the seeded value is not changed. I'd suggest an Option that allows the user to set what Price Book value of Standard, Average, or Last cost populates this field.

We would also like the Option of 'Use this Estimated Cost' to be defaulted to 'On', instead of the current 'Off'.

Comment

We would also like the Option of 'Use this EstimatedCost' to be defaulted to 'On', instead of the current 'Off'. Our sales reps have to open every single line item and check the box in order for costs to be applied correctly for commission purposes. 99% of the Quotes we do are a 'fixed price quote'. Many of our quotes exceed 75 line items so you can imagine how labor intensive it is to have to check that box on each line item.

This is a BIG DEAL for us and seems like it would be an easy fix.

Thanks,
      Debbie Roark
      Director, Process Development
      AdvanTel Networks
      droark@advantel.com
      www.advantel.com

http://advantel.com

Comment

I agree with this feature request. The posted cost should not be constrained to the Standard Cost on every occasion. An option to select the cost as Bob pointed out, should be available.

This one gets my final vote :-/
        Glenn Houssenloge
        Tigerpaw Services
        sigpic
        Xero Accounting Integration, D-Tools Integration, Time Logs Express and more

Comment

We would definitely make use of this too!
          Debbie Roark
          Director, Process Development
          AdvanTel Networks
          droark@advantel.com
          www.advantel.com

http://advantel.com

Comment

Working...
          X