Dispatch Board vs. Mobile App Agenda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispatch Board vs. Mobile App Agenda

As the service manager I schedule my technicians and rely heavily on the dispatch board. I have customized the priority list of the service order to coordinate the techs for the time frame to be at the customer’s location (AM, PM On Time or Any Time). The priorities are color coded on the dispatch board for easy reference for me to make the schedule while I am talking to my customers. The problem is that the mobile app does not show this from the Agenda list. As we know that the schedule is an estimate and service calls are never exactly as scheduled being shorter or longer. For my technician to find that schedule priority is 3 clicks into each appointment before he decides his best route and how long he has on the current service call before he is late for the next service call.

Roy,

For what it's worth we have found that using Tasks Types and Task Actions in certain ways will result in a TigerpawMoble Agenda that provides the tech and dispatcher the information needed to be in the right place at the right time. Of course most days don't go as they get laid out on the dispatch board. Here's what we're doing:

Task Types: Phone Call (Remote work)
    Appointment (These are set appointments with customer or the time you expect them to be on site and starting work)
    To-Do (On site orders scheduled for AM or PM window)
    We further use the Task Actions to describe the type of work (Installation, Cabling, Cut-Over, Training, etc.)

At a glance the techs now see the which tasks are remote vs onsite, and if they are am/pm window or set appointment.

Comment

Working...
    X