Contracts and multiple agreement relationships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contracts and multiple agreement relationships

At the moment the relationship between a contract and an agreement is a one-to-one relationship. I think it would be beneficial to be able to attach multiple agreements to one contract. As an example of why I consider this to be worthwhile, we have customers with multiple locations with multi-year circuit contracts at each site. So, we can set up a contract for comms from start date to end date and an agreement with x number of circuits, linked to the contract, with the same start and end dates as the contract. However, part-way through the contract term, the customer acquires another site and therefore requires an aditional circuit. Because of the way our circuit provider operates, they cannot offer to co-terminate the new circuit contract on the same date as the other circuits, we therefore end up with the new circuit having a different start and end date to the orginal circuits.

OK, so we could just create a new contract and agreement for the additian circuit, but then we have two comms contracts and when the engineers come to book SO time against a contract they have a choice of two contracts, which is sort of OK with a couple, but not if you expand the issue out and end up with a plethora of contracts.

What I would like to be able to do is have one contract, an agreement for the original circuits and agreement(s) for the additional circuit(s). The contract start and end date would be the extremes of the agreement start and end dates. That way I can analyse all provision and work on comms lines on one contract, but still bill and track the contract termination dates through the agreements.

Of course this wouldn't preclude any one-to-one contract to agreement relationships - or even one-to-none, for that matter - but would provide for more flixibility.

Hi Bernie,

This makes sense to me. I will write this up for our stakeholders consideration for feature implementation.

Thank you!
    Marsha Blobaum
    Product Analyst
    Tigerpaw Software
    800.704.9009 x4584
    402.592.7317fax
    mblobaum@tigerpawsoftware.com

Comment

Working...
    X