Quote labour pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote labour pricing

We have set up Price Levels for various levels of discount and applied to customer accounts as required. When we create a Service Order and create a chargeable time log, the correct price level is applied to the chargeable time and an invoice can be created correctly.

However, if we create a quote and add a labour item, the price level is always the first price level irrespective of what price level the customer has been assigned.

We can change the price level on the quote line, but is should surely default to the customer's default Price Level as does the Service Order time log. This means that you have to refer back to the customer's defualt pPrice Level every time you add a labour item to a quote, which is very time consuming and very dangerous if the incorrect price band is choosen.

Please can this be changed?

Hi Bernie,

There is a button on the toolbar of the select price book item form when adding items on a quote called "Save Current Settings" that must be clicked on. If you open the form from a quote and click it to turn it off and then close the select price book item and open it again, it should default to the account default price level when selecting the price book items for the quote.
    bernie.png
    Marsha Blobaum
    Product Analyst
    Tigerpaw Software
    800.704.9009 x4584
    402.592.7317fax
    mblobaum@tigerpawsoftware.com

Comment

Marsha,

Thanks for your input. I have already been through that scenario with support. That sets the default for all quotes for all companies, which is not at all waht anyone would require. The default for a quote shoud be the price level set for the customer account - is it is in the service order pricing model.

Comment

Marsha,
        I agree with Bernie. See see my posting on this topic from 2012:
        http://community.tigerpawsoftware.co...rrent+settings

Comment

If the button is on it sets the price level for every quote you (the logged in rep) add parts to the level that is set in that window. If it is off it will pull the account default, which if I understand you correctly, is what you want. Am I missing something?
          Marsha Blobaum
          Product Analyst
          Tigerpaw Software
          800.704.9009 x4584
          402.592.7317fax
          mblobaum@tigerpawsoftware.com

Comment

Marsha,

Thanks for the update. I think I understand that now. I don't suppose there is any way to disable this button? If it saved the settings just for the quote, I could see the point, but it saves it across the board for subsequent quotes until the button is unpressed. Very dangerous, I would think.

Comment

Working...
            X