Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP 15 Matrix Template autosave

Can I suggest a feature change.

Allow templates with an indicator (perhaps a special character as the first character in the template name EX. @open items) to automatically save without the dialog popup.

This would make the behavior similar to previous versions which would be very helpful to the way our users work.

Thx,
    Steve

I agree with this. An Autosave of the last current view and auto recall that view. That is the main reason we have not "upgraded" yet. Well, we did, but quickly reverted. I absolutely hate the popups. It makes me not want to use the program at all.

Comment

I third this request
      I absolutely hate the way this works. What's worse, after I've gotten past the popup, and want to go back to the list I had sorted, it returns me to the default view! Aarrghh!!
      I wish we could revert...

Comment

Programming 101
        1 A program should be intuitive. (Apple actually studies children to accomplish this)
        2 Never remove features a user once had in an "Upgrade"
        3 Work toward requiring with the fewest mouse clicks necessary to perform a task.

This Upgrade breaks all three of these rules. I am extremely disappointed. Our subscription cost too much money to put up with this nonsense! If this cannot be fixed, I will not upgrade. If I do not upgrade, I have no reason to continue paying for this. This is a Major design flaw and really needs to be address asap!

Comment

Even when we SAVE the matrices, I have had users go back and it reverts from their tasks, SO's, etc., to ALL users again and I watched them save it. Very frustrating.
          Debbie Roark
          Director, Process Development
          AdvanTel Networks
          droark@advantel.com
          www.advantel.com

http://advantel.com

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We are working on an auto save feature that will let the user suppress the Save pop-ups.

The filter settings on Matrix views will save. If you are not seeing that behavior please submit a ticket through Help Desk with the details and we will work on it.

Thanks,
            Rudy

Comment

As Rudy has already mentioned, we are working on the ability to allow users to set their matrices to auto-save. I just wanted to address the comments a few have made on saved templates reverting back. If these are shared templates and multiple users have the ability to edit the template, one user edit/save will change that template for all users. A good rule of thumb is to only allow the creator the ability to edit the template and give the other users view only ability to the template. That way if a users wishes to edit a template they will be forced to save that template to a new individual template first and not impact the template for other users.

If these templates are not shared and are changing from how you save them, please contact our help desk so the issue can be addressed.
              Marsha Blobaum
              Product Analyst
              Tigerpaw Software
              800.704.9009 x4584
              402.592.7317fax
              mblobaum@tigerpawsoftware.com

Comment

Working...
              X