Automated Contract Invoices Emailed but not journaled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automated Contract Invoices Emailed but not journaled

It appears that when I set up a contract to automatically email, the invoice does get created, approved, and emailed. However, there is no journal entry showing that the email was sent. Also, there is no email in my Outlook sent folder. The only way I can be sure the email was sent is to look at the "Email Sent" column in a list view. It would be helpful if the automated process included a journal entry.

Originally posted by cmhepola View Post
    It appears that when I set up a contract to automatically email, the invoice does get created, approved, and emailed. However, there is no journal entry showing that the email was sent. Also, there is no email in my Outlook sent folder. The only way I can be sure the email was sent is to look at the "Email Sent" column in a list view. It would be helpful if the automated process included a journal entry.
    Agreed, this would be very helpful.

Comment

Invoices that are automatically emailed are sent directly through your SMTP server so you will not see them in your Outlook Sent folder. I'm curious as to what version you are running, I can see journal entries being made for invoices that are emailed automatically. Could it be that you have the "Hide System Entries" box checked in your Journal form? If so, you won't see these entries in your list until you uncheck that box.
      Marsha Blobaum
      Product Analyst
      Tigerpaw Software
      800.704.9009 x4584
      402.592.7317fax
      mblobaum@tigerpawsoftware.com

Comment

Originally posted by Marsha Blobaum View Post
        Invoices that are automatically emailed are sent directly through your SMTP server so you will not see them in your Outlook Sent folder. I'm curious as to what version you are running, I can see journal entries being made for invoices that are emailed automatically. Could it be that you have the "Hide System Entries" box checked in your Journal form? If so, you won't see these entries in your list until you uncheck that box.
        Yes you are correct. I must have had that checked. The journal entry is there.

Comment

That is great, thanks for the reply! I'm going to disable voting on this one for now.
          Marsha Blobaum
          Product Analyst
          Tigerpaw Software
          800.704.9009 x4584
          402.592.7317fax
          mblobaum@tigerpawsoftware.com

Comment

Working...
          X