Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Item Description (Include inactive items)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Item Description (Include inactive items)

When searching for parts, you have "Item ID" and "Item ID (Include Inactive Items). It would be very helpful to do that for Item Description as well. I have gone through all the trouble to mark items we no longer use inactive, so that they do not show up when tech wants to add a part to his ticket. Problem is, when the tech does not know the item ID, and has to search by description, all of the inactive items show up as well. We have thousands and thousands of parts. It makes it harder when I have to go to the SO, and change the part number to an active part number. Please give us the ability to search for Items by Description, without having the inactive items show up as well. Thanks

Have the techs use the search by item description from within the SO, making sure the 'Hide Inactive Items' box is checked. Also, there is a security setting to prevent unauthorized users from adding Inactive parts to documents.

Comment

Bob, We do have the "Hide Inactive Items" box checked on all techs laptops. Problem is when you go to search and look under item description for parts, as going by the SO to search does not give all parts related as well as going though the search option on the side when you open a new tab. As for permissions, nobody has right, except for admin, to add inactive parts to documents. I am speaking only for the option when you use the search option from a new tab, there where it has Item ID, and Item ID(include inactive items). They should have one like this for Item Description as well. I use this feature all the time when techs call to ask for a part number.

Comment

Working...
      X