Pull PO pricing from Purchasing tab in ITEM ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pull PO pricing from Purchasing tab in ITEM ID

I have different costs on like items depending on what vendor I purchase from. The pricing that is reflected on my PO is the standard cost, which I set as the highest cost so as not to hurt our mark-ups as my sales force does not have any control over where we will purchase from. The problem comes in when I purchase the item from a vendor who has it at a lower cost, as I have to either remember each vendors special pricing so I manually change my PO cost, or double check each item and manually adjust if needed. If I forget, or miss one, and place the PO, my vendor requires me to correct the PO and resubmit. I am looking for a way to tell the system that I want my PO to reflect the pricing I have specified under the purchasing tab (in ITEM ID) rather than using the standard cost defined on the ADMIN tab.
    Thank you

I want to see this feature worked on as well. Vendor pricing does work in TP as long as you are adding parts directly on the PO for that vendor. However, we need it to work from the Purchase Order Wizard, so that vendor specific pricing can be used as an option for costs when generating the PO along with the already present order detail estimated and price book costs. This would be a huge time saver for us, as with Marie, we also have to manually update every single line item in order to reflect the appropriate costs.
    TP001.JPG
    TP002.JPG
    Thank you

Comment

Hi,

I've written that up for development. There is a way to do it now, but it will mean some extra steps. When you add the item to the service order on the purchasing tab of the item detail you can select the vendor to assign. When you do that the estimated cost for that item changes to the vendor cost. Now when you go through the wizard to create the PO, you can check the option to use the estimated cost which will be the vendor cost. Like I said, currently it requires more steps, I think we can make that process more simple.

Thank you.
      Last edited by Marsha Blobaum; 02-11-2016, 04:06 PM. Reason: 40090
      Marsha Blobaum
      Product Analyst
      Tigerpaw Software
      800.704.9009 x4584
      402.592.7317fax
      mblobaum@tigerpawsoftware.com

Comment

Thanks Marsha, That will work for our T&M service calls, is there a way to get that to work when we convert the quotes to service order?

Comment

Working...
        X