Mobile service order documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile service order documents

When a document is added to a services order from the mobile app, it is added to the document store, but the path is different to the path when a document is added through the fat cleint. When adding through the fat client, the path is ACCTnnn\SOnnn; from the mobil it is just the SO number. Can both file in the same way please?

Can we get some input from Tigerpaw on this? I have the same sort of issue, need to be able to change the path of the mobile uploads to the Document Management location.

Comment

Hello Greg,

This is currently possible. On your web server, open the web.config file. You will need to modify the two lines for the mobile upload path and mobile upload share. You can change these to point to your network share that you have your managed documents located on. As Bernie mentioned, it does save differently than the fat client. This is something that is on our shortlist to address. Until then, I would suggest creating a Mobile Uploads directory under the main directory to save these files. It will also be necessary to use the UNC path rather than a mapped drive.

<add key="MobileUploadPath" value="\\ServerName\Directory\Folder\SharedDocumen ts\MobileUploads\"/>
      <add key="MobileUploadShare" value="\\ServerName\Directory\Folder\SharedDocumen ts\MobileUploads\"/>

You will also need to make sure that the user that the AP pool is running under has permissions to that server with read/write permissions on the managed documents directory.

I hope this is clear. If not, let me know and I will have one of the senior techs contact you to assist.
      Marsha Blobaum
      Product Analyst
      Tigerpaw Software
      800.704.9009 x4584
      402.592.7317fax
      mblobaum@tigerpawsoftware.com

Comment

Working...
      X