Processes and Procedures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processes and Procedures

Does anyone use written processes and procedures? We are attempting to write them. I am seeking out anyone who may have them that I may peruse.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Vicky Gamage

We have quite a few processes that have developed along the way. Happy to share but would need to know more about which ones would help you.
    Sent PM.
    Clifton Steele

Comment

We have nothing at this point. It is very difficult, as you can imagine to get everyone going the same direction with no guidance. My biggest hurdle at this point is moving SO's through the pipeline and requesting, filling, etc inventory on SO's.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

*SO's moving through the pipeline are going to be dependent on your statuses as well as priorities and the internal SLA you setup. Have you decided on which ones work for you yet?
        *Requesting inventory will change based on your business model but parts of it can be handled in TP. How do you do it now?
        *Are you already using PO's? @biztex we Quote, Service Order the Quote, then perform the PO from the Service Order based on what is in stock. The PO process itself is pretty straightforward except for ordering special items and dealing with more complex freight.

*If you have Viseo this is a great place to start. I could send you some of our workflows to see. We have actually moved to Lucid Chart as a team for our processes and aren't looking back! Strongly recommend the product as well as engaging your whole team in the design.
        Clifton Steele

Comment

We have actually reduced the number of statuses originally set up. Each division and individual had their own "special" way of handling their work. We know have it down to statuses that work for the whole company and keep everyone in the same boat. We use New, Open, Closed, Ready for Billing, Schedule Tech, Parts Needed, Parts Ordered, Parts Backordered, Assigned, Awaiting Scheduling, Client Cancelled, Enter Time, Filled Completely, Labor Pending, etc. We have 22 that are used. I feel that is too many and we need to reduce this list further. We don't use SLA's.

Our inventory is handled quite simply by forwarding a pick ticket to our warehouse and they pull and fill. Anything not filled gets triggered to purchasing and ordered. Our biggest hurdle in inventory is getting the tech's to properly and correctly document unused product so it is accounted for.

Your guidance and assistance has been most helpful.

Comment

Vicky you are welcome if any of this helps.

When you say 'Our biggest hurdle in inventory is getting the tech's to properly and correctly document unused product so it is accounted for' do you mean product that comes back from a job/client that is unused? Or items that have come in from an earlier purchase order that have not been received properly into inventory (ie your counts would be all wrong) or something else all together?
            Clifton Steele

Comment

Product that comes back unused from a job.

Comment

Working...
              X