Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please HELP ME - New server install, SQLExpress Permissions (Service Effecting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please HELP ME - New server install, SQLExpress Permissions (Service Effecting)

Hello,

just to offer a quick history of my situation here.....

We recently had a major server blackout and most unfortunately as a result i had to reload out DOMAIN CONTROLLER and built everything back up.(with allot of help from backups) All in all the server reload/installation went very well. In the spirit of making things whole and clear again we decided to great a whole new DOMAIN (domain name) and copy what we could over to it. Installation and configuration of SQL SERVER 2008Express went as it should, quickly. Currently everything is up and running on the DOMAIN Controller and after attaching the Tigerpaw database via the TP Database utility, I was able to login to Tigerpaw12 from the Domain Controller. Everything seemed to be working great until i tried to login to Tigerpaw from a standart users LOGIN ACCOUNT and COMPUTER. It gives me an error message saying that the server cannot be located. The error pops up when trying to select the database instance from the wouldbe dropdown menu. (SEE IMAGE BELOW)
    TP_error.jpg

I have tried everything i can think of to resolve this issue. Could this be a domain name issue because we changed the DOMAIN name and moved users into new domain but kept the same TP Database?

I do know that on our previous server we had a TP_Users Security group that all the Tigerpaw users on our private network need to be a part of in order to log in to the Tigerpaw SQL Database . I have since created a new "TP_Users" security group and added the appropriate users to it and followed the guide that is included with the Tigerpaw installation zip.

Still no luck :(

is there a step i am missing here? If anyone could so much as help point me in the right direction or offer some assistance, it would be greatly appreciated!
    THIS IS A SERVICE EFFECTING ISSUE and tomorrow morning at 8am CST it becomes a real big issue for me.

Thank you
    Sincerely,
    Evan Calo
    ecalo@goldtelecom.com

I got it.... Nevermind

Named pipes on sql network config!!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X