Tigerpaw slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigerpaw slow

Are there best practices to setup Tigerpaw that would increase the speed and performance? It is extremely slow on start up and moving around the screens as with every change of screen, it has to re-build lists. Running version 12.3.06. Don't see anyone saying it's fixed in v13.
    thanks.

Hi Milena,

Tigerpaw 12.3.06 did have a slow start up due to pre-loading some of the email components. How slow varied in every environment, some were moderately slow, while others it was extreme. We did make changes to the application load in 13 that will resolve the issue, so I would encourage you to update.
    Marsha Blobaum
    Product Analyst
    Tigerpaw Software
    800.704.9009 x4584
    402.592.7317fax
    mblobaum@tigerpawsoftware.com

Comment

Hi Marsha,
      I think we are the extreme slow ones. We will try to update but in the meantime, what would you say is the expected wait time when switching between screens, for example, when switching from the Time Sheets screen to the Service Orders screen and back? We’re seeing 30+ second wait times every time. Is this isn't normal, would you know what might cause this?
      thanks.

Comment

That is too long Milena. The update should help as we made several performance enhancements in 13. I would recommend proceeding with the update and then let me know if you are still experiencing these long lags when switching between your open tabs.
        Marsha Blobaum
        Product Analyst
        Tigerpaw Software
        800.704.9009 x4584
        402.592.7317fax
        mblobaum@tigerpawsoftware.com

Comment

We are also experiencing extreme slowness when opening the application, opening any tab or anything. More than 30 second lag time. We are running 14R1 on a Windows 2012 r2 server. Anyone have any ideas? I compacted the database and that didn't help at all.

Comment

Hillary,
            Open the task manager and look that the Tigerpaw application. Then run something in TP that take more than 15 seconds. See if the TP stops responding for a few seconds.

Maybe you have the same issues I have.

Scott

Comment

Tigerpaw has been EXTREMELY SLOW this week, and today is just terrible. NON RESPONDING issues have been an on going problem since the last upgrade. We deal with this multiple times daily, but today, it takes over 2 minutes for a click on anything to register, and many times not even bringing up what you typed in...example, clicking to open an SO might bring up a PO or even a part number? Not sure what is going on, but we (20 employees) waste minimum of an hour each day, waiting on TP, with multiple crashes for some people. Just yesterday, a tech was waiting over 10 minutes for his tab to open. We are on R14.1.21. All we ever get in response from TP is to send in a database, or update to latest version. Each update increases the amount of issues we have. Not too happy to say the least, and tired of waiting for TP to fix the problems. I know each person wishes TP would add something to make it streamline better for their company, but at least put out a stable version. This is ridiculous! Oh, and the disappearing tabs problem is still happening. All of a sudden ( maybe 7 tabs open), the tabs just disappear? You can't open a new tab because nothing is there. You have to close out of TP to get them back. Everything is on the page, just the top of the tab line is missing. Very strange. We have done everything TP told us to do, but nothing has helped.

Comment

Working...
              X