No announcement yet.

d-Tools SIX and Tigerpaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has TP made any headway on these DT SIX import issues? Sure would be nice to be able to trust the data being imported again.

Originally posted by MuneeMaker808 View Post
    I agree that the D-tools integration is very poor. I have a case with Tigerpaw right now because the export from D-tools six excel file doesn't import correctly in to Tigerpaw. This is a Tigerpaw issue as the excel file is correct. What happens is none of the check marks on the import work properly. When I check import selling costs and prices it completely ignores the checkmarks and pulls the cost and price from the TP database and not the excel file. There has been no response to my case after 4 weeks and I use D-tools for 99% of my proposals. Very inconvenient and very frustrating.
    I only post this so the rest of the D-tools users out there look very carefully at the import the next time you do it. It may not be correct. I know we missed it the first 10 times we did the import because we got lucky. Our TP database matched our D-tools database costs and prices so we didn't notice. The last import we did had very different information in each database so we noticed immediately. BE WARNED!

Comment

Didi this ever go anywhere?

Originally posted by ccsolutions View Post
      The D-Tools Integration Manager is from the original D-Tools integration which only works with SI-5. The current link for SI-6 is no where near as comprehensive as the previous link as you've discovered. D-Tools really changed the table structure in SI-6 and to change the existing link would have required a total re-write. It was good of D-Tools to come out with their link, but you're right. The report is modified to output to the generic import format. We have almost completed our D-Tools to Tigerpaw inventory sync for SI-6 and the customer update sync. We have them for SI-5 but not 6 at this stage.

Comment

We have the next and most likely the final beta build releasing tomorrow (version 15.1.6). This version contains all the fixes that I described earlier. If you would like to have access to this and be part of the beta process let me know.

Regards,
        Rudy

Originally posted by mralarm000 View Post
        Didi this ever go anywhere?

Comment

Yes we would like to have access to this.

Originally posted by Rudy Jivaraj View Post
          We have the next and most likely the final beta build releasing tomorrow (version 15.1.6). This version contains all the fixes that I described earlier. If you would like to have access to this and be part of the beta process let me know.

Regards,
          Rudy

Comment

Can you email me at rudy@tigerpawsoftware.com with your details and I will have the details sent to you.

Regards,
            Rudy

Originally posted by mralarm000 View Post
            Yes we would like to have access to this.

Comment

Rudy,

We have the latest Tigerpaw and use D-tools. Where can I find an integration document to connect the two?

Doug Phillips
              Automation Design + Entertainment

Comment

I think you are about to be disappointed Doug. There is no integration, it's a case of exporting a report into excel from D-Tools and importing it into TP as a quote. Any changes etc. are not updated live, there is no client record integrations, etc. etc.

It is very disappointing and pretty misleading to call it an integration.

Comment

Really? That is not what we were lead to believe...

Comment

It's not what I was lead to believe either. The new D-Tools update (2016) is coming out in a week or two and will integrate with Quickbooks online. We are going to move over to that and use Zapier integrate the two with Salesforce and hopefully things will be better afterwards. It would mean that all quotes, PO, invoicing etc. was all held in QB, all design and PM was held in D-Tools and sales will be dealt with by Salesforce. Here's hoping!

Comment

Doug,

Tigerpaw user guide accessible from the Desktop contains a section on D-Tools. You can click the help icon and search D-Tools. There is a video on D-Tools site http://support.d-tools.com/011_SI_20...igerpaw_Export on this topic. We have made significant enhancements to set the D-Tools defaults so that quotes can be imported easily into Tigerpaw.

On a related note, we are working with D-Tools to write to our latest API so that the two way sync process is in place. D-Tools and Tigerpaw are committed on getting the API integration done this year.

Regards,
                      Rudy

Originally posted by Automationdesign View Post
                      Rudy,

We have the latest Tigerpaw and use D-tools. Where can I find an integration document to connect the two?

Doug Phillips
                      Automation Design + Entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X