Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending Workflow email task related.

Hi Guys,

Can an email template be created that will send the task related information for a Service Order based on the completion of a task?

I can see where you can set up the workflow for "task completion" and can set up an email template, but not specifically for tasks. I saw a document which is available for creating email tokens.

1. If you select Event Type: Task Completed and Document Type: Service Order, will it restrict the workflow to Service Order tasks only?

2. Can I create new tokens for task related information?

Thanks in advance.
    Glenn
    Glenn Houssenloge
    Tigerpaw Services
    sigpic
    Xero Accounting Integration, D-Tools Integration, Time Logs Express and more

1. If you select Event Type: Task Completed and Document Type: Service Order, will it restrict the workflow to Service Order tasks only?
    No, the document type is only applicable if the workflow event type is something like Document Created.

2. Can I create new tokens for task related information?
    We have a document that explains how you can create your own email tokens. Please send me an email if you'd like to receive it.

You could certainly send an email when a task is completed, but I don't see a way you could only send it if the task was for a service order. We'll have to look into this; I see the value of it.

Comment

Glenn,

I've sent you an e-mail and a SQL script that can accomplish this.

Thanks,

Greg

sigpic

Greg Sloan
      PCM Networking

Comment

A user has offered to send you some sample code, but I would need for him to send it to me before I'll clear the post; I want to make sure it won't cause problems.

Comment

Is it now possible to email the contents of a new task that was created via workflow?

Comment

hmmmm workflow can't create tasks, so I'm a bit confused here...

Comment

Originally posted by cbullock81 View Post
              Is it now possible to email the contents of a new task that was created via workflow?
              You can set up an email to notify someone when a new task is schedule for another rep. This is a standard workflow setting.

The content that you can include in the email, via the available email tokens, is limited. Tigerpaw have a document which steps through making changes to the available email tokens.

What this thread refers to is a script which will email the customer when a Service Order related task is complete. It's very neat.
              Glenn Houssenloge
              Tigerpaw Services
              sigpic
              Xero Accounting Integration, D-Tools Integration, Time Logs Express and more

Comment

Can this be used to send an internal email? not to the client?

Comment

Yes, workflow can send emails to internal reps.

Comment

Can I get a copy of that script?
                    Eric Hart
                    ehart [at] npi [dot] net

Comment

I am looking for a similar method to notify a supervisor when a Task start time has been missed. Would this email template/token document assist me in creating someing I can then create a workflow that will create the proper notification?

Comment

Hi Lynn,

I'm afraid there's no defined workflow type that would do what you're asking. I will add this to our suggestion database though, thanks!

Comment

James,

Its OK, I've worked out what I need to do. Thanks.

Reragrds,

Bernie.

James,

Could you send me the document regards how to create email tokes please? That would be really helpful.

Thanks Bernie.

Originally posted by James Foxall View Post
                          No, the document type is only applicable if the workflow event type is something like Document Created.

We have a document that explains how you can create your own email tokens. Please send me an email if you'd like to receive it.

You could certainly send an email when a task is completed, but I don't see a way you could only send it if the task was for a service order. We'll have to look into this; I see the value of it.
                          Last edited by Bernie Ledwick; 11-23-2015, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X