Use Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use Tax

Does anyone else pay Use Tax in their state? I'm in Minnesota, and we pay Use Tax on non-taxable items that we didn't originally pay sales tax on. For example, we give our vendors blanket tax-exempt/resale certificates so we don't pay tax to them, but some of the items we receive can't be taxed to the customer, therefore we pay "use tax" to the state based on our cost. Has anyone come up with an easy way to track this, or a report that will track this on a monthly basis? We need to break down use tax based on location (county, city, special tax areas) as well.

Basically I need to know which non-taxable items were sold each month, their cost, and the what the location tax rate should be.

I think Tigerpaws "Provider tax" is similar, but not quite the same situations.

I believe someone else in my company requested a custom report, which gives this info based on a specific quote so we can estimate the taxes we will have to pay, but I need this info based on posted invoices each month.

Thank you!

No responses in 5 years? I could use some use tax help myself!

cb

Comment

Working...
    X