Multiple companies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple companies?

Is there a way to have more than one company in the Tigerpaw Database? We may be adding a second entity/division to our company that we would like to keep as separate as possible. Is there a way to do this in Tigerpaw? Quickbooks allows multiple companies, wondering if there is a way to have separate TP companies link to the separate Quickbooks companies. Anyone else have a similar situation?

Laura,

Currently, there isn't a way to have truly separate companies in TP unless you set up a second database. Since licensing is per concurrent user, per database, the licensing would have to be purchased for the additional database. Keep in mind that if they are truly different companies, then you would potentially have different products, reps, clients, etc.

If your goal is to track activity of a group w/ in the company, there are options there with "types" of documents that could help if that is your goal.

Hope this helps!

Ed

Comment

Guys,

This is something I would like to see as well, if it was me, my solution would be to create an 'admin' database, and then the company database. The admin database could keep track of the usage for concurrent users and for appropriate access.
      -------------
      Chris Yeo
      Professional Computer Services
      CCNA, CSE, MCSE, CCA

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I have passed this along to our development team.

Thanks, Megan

Comment

Again, we are looking at the possibility of a separate database for our 2nd location. I'm curious if anyone else has done this - pros/cons, etc. We've been running both locations (2 different states) out of one database for a year now. For the most part it works fine, but the 2 states have many different taxing rules, so we ended up having to manually change the tax status of items as we quote them. It gets to be quite time consuming on large quotes. Or we may end up duplicating the items, having one with a non-tax status, and one with a taxable status. We are at the point where we need to decide if it makes more sense to do that, or try to run them as separate entities on a separate database. Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated!

One of the biggest issues we have is with assemblies (we use a lot of prewire assemblies) - assembly tax status is based on the items within it - the majority of our assemblies are built with non-taxable items, but those same items/assemblies need to be taxed in the other state. We'd like to avoid having to recreate all of the same assemblies built with a taxable version of the items within. Ideally, there would be a "tax status override" or something at the Price Level, but I am not sure if that is something TP can do. We currently have a separate price level with separate GL codes for our other state which is great for sales/cost tracking, but an added tax status checkbox at the price level would help a lot!

Comment

Working...
          X