Service Order locked by user that has it open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Order locked by user that has it open

I am admin on our TP system. Just today I have somehow started locking out other users from SO's. If I have a service order open, and someone else in the system tries to open same SO, they get error saying I have it open and page is locked.

Please help, this is unusual. Also, others with admin rights can open ticket when those without cannot.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Only one person can have edit an SO at a time, this is not an error. For consistency purposes you shouldn't have 2 people editing an SO at the same time anyways. If this is something you need then you can have them working on two separate SOs then merge them afterwards.

As far as your second question about the admin rights being required to open a ticket, look in your user permissions/security section. These are settings defined by you

Comment

Thank you. But we are only viewing, not editing and this has never happened before. We sometimes have 4-6 users viewing the same SO at a time. Could it be that when I open ticket it is opened under edit?

Comment

Multiple people should be able to view it at a time. Certain options will be 'Greyed' out when one person is editing and another is viewing. If it is not even letting the second person open the SO for viewing then I do not have an answer for you, unfortunately.

Comment

There is an option for locking SO's - maybe someone changed the setting? It is under Options/Service Orders and under "Constraints" check to see if the "Enforce SO Locking" box is checked - that may be the problem.

Comment

Thank you! Yes, our VP made the change but kept that fact to himself

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X