Service Order - Change SO Screen Back Ground Color - TP 15.2.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Order - Change SO Screen Back Ground Color - TP 15.2.6

Our users are requesting a darker color pallet for the background of the service order displays. The current color pallet is pretty light and the field entry areas are white. There are lines displayed, but with the volume of service orders our users touch on a daily basis it would be easier on their eyes if the background would be a darker color palette.

Example: View the main Service Order screen. The areas between all of the fields such as work rquested/work performed/the bottom SO tabs/internal comments, etc all blend together because there is a very light color change between the back ground color and the fields that are white that contain the data.

Hmmm...Are there responses to this in the actual forum area or direct to the customer? I am having same issue with 17R1.

Comment

Originally posted by jlyons View Post
      Hmmm...Are there responses to this in the actual forum area or direct to the customer? I am having same issue with 17R1.
      Never received any response from other users requesting a change to the background color of the screens. Our users still request for a better contrast between the input fields and the background color. Many of our users are touching a couple hundred service orders a day so I can see why they would want more contract between the fields and the background color.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaK View Post
        Our users are requesting a darker color pallet for the background of the service order displays. The current color pallet is pretty light and the field entry areas are white. There are lines displayed, but with the volume of service orders our users touch on a daily basis it would be easier on their eyes if the background would be a darker color palette.
        Thanks for giving this one a bump, jlyons.

For this one, LisaK, there are quite a few options you can change in Tigerpaw for colors and displays.

These can be found in:
        Status and Setup > My Settings > Display

Here's a screenshot of those options.

Changing color options in Tigerpaw.PNG

Keep in mind that these options are specific to each user. So if you find a color combination that works better than others, it will be up to each rep to change those options in their account to match. Ideally this is used so each rep can personalize their Tigerpaw experience.

I checked with several of our experts this morning to see if I could get you another option. While these options give you quite a bit of functionality, you cannot directly change the background color for the space in-between fields. It looks like that color, like many Windows-based applications, is actually pulled from what your native Windows Operating System settings are. So if you change your windows display settings for window color / windows theme and background (depending on what version of Windows you may be on) — directly in your Windows OS — you can change that color setting. (I feel like I've said "windows" way too many times in a few sentences.)

While I have not tested this personally, it looks like that would be the only option to get that level of contrast in the color themes.

Keep in mind that will change the same background color setting for all your Windows apps that pull from the same functionality. Unfortunately, there is no way to do this on an app-by-app basis within Windows. It's an all or none. And this would be a per-machine basis, as well, unless your IT team would want to push a policy change for it (which may be more work than just doing it manually in Windows).

Originally posted by jlyons View Post
        Hmmm...Are there responses to this in the actual forum area or direct to the customer?
        Great question, jlyons.

We want to post answers directly in the Community Forum. That boosts the amount of content and the library of resources we have for users to take advantage of. The more conversations there are, the more engagement, and the better the health and growth of the Tigerpaw Community.

We are absolutely committed to the health and growth of the Community. You can find out more about those changes in our new Community Manager announcement post.

We are reading every single new post that comes in. They all ping me and I read through all of them. I'm still new, so it may take me a little while as I want to be sure I research any questions for you as best I can with our team. If I get flooded, I will work my way through the deluge and respond as I can.

I may not be able to respond to every post personally as we get going, but I am absolutely reading them all. And if it takes a while for a response, I may be going around the office and talking to our internal stakeholders and experts so I can give you the best answer possible.

Originally posted by LisaK View Post
        Never received any response from other users requesting a change to the background color of the screens.
        See the above answer. :P

Sorry you never had a response on this one. Ideally, the Community will engage each other and help, and I look forward to helping to spur that growth.

With the changes we've made, we are listening, and we will be much more active on our Big Four Community platforms: The User Forum, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.

If there's a post that we missed and you'd be interested in an update on it, feel free to give it a bump with a comment. More context from our users helps us to better prioritize future updates and enhancements to the platform.

Thanks for the posts! And thank you both for being active members of the Tigerpaw Community.

Comment

TL;DR:
          • You can change some color preferences in: Status and Setup > My Settings > Display.
          • Changing the background contrast color may be completed in core Windows OS settings.
          • We're working to improve our relationship with the Community on our Big Four platforms: The User Forum, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook.

Comment

I have attached old/new versions of TP. The changes in the background is stark and unacceptable. We need the blue returned. It is not affected by Windows Personalization settings either.

Comment

Hi John,

We tested changing our Windows settings and attached you can see the changes and how it changes the icons too. We did a odd blue to see what it looked like. We tried all different types of settings, text changes, etc. nothing would impact the background color between the fields. It also changes the icons when you start changing any of these settings, so we would highly suggest this not be an option for users to use. If Tigerpaw does not have the control over what the main background color is on the software like before when they had it it as blue which made the fields pop, then our users will just work thru like they have been with little contrast between the data input fields and the background space between those fields.

Thanks for checking this for us but unfortunately this is not a good option for users.

Have a great day,
              Lisa

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the screenshot, LisaK. And thank you for the feedback.
                I'm sorry that's not a viable workaround to get the color contrast where your team would like it.

I wanted to give you and jlyons a quick update on this one. I spoke with our Director of Development this morning. We talked about this thread and your teams looking for an easier way to change the background color in Tigerpaw for better contrast. I can understand how that would be a helpful feature for your teams, especially when you are living in Tigerpaw all day long.

Our Director of Development requested I put together a write-up for him on this request and send it to him with your client information (which I have). He will bring this request to the next stakeholders meeting where our leadership team discusses future development phases of Tigerpaw.

A quick note on the Tigerpaw User Forum:
                Anyone who is a Tigerpaw User is welcome to make an account on the Community Forum here — in fact, we encourage it. The more engagement and discussion we have from the passionate Tigerpaw Community, the better we can help each other learn and grow. And, yes, each forum member gets their own 10 votes they can use in the Feature Requests section to upvote their favorite suggestions from the Community.

A thread with more votes is given consideration when our team is working to prioritize feature requests in the roadmapping process.

Great discussion like this is immensely helpful for us in providing context to how our partners are using Tigerpaw on a daily basis.

Thanks for being active community members.

Comment

Thank you John Ludwig for following up on this for us!

Comment

You are very welcome, LisaK!

FYI: You can @-tag someone in a post/thread — like I did with you above. (Similar to the feature in Twitter and Facebook.) Just type the @ symbol and then start typing a user's name / handle. The system will give you clickable link suggestions you can choose from. That makes a clickable link for the user, adds their avatar, and pings them to let them know someone has mentioned them in a post!

Comment

Working...
                    X